An old carriage bridge on the Nannau Estate. Build around 1820-1830 as a winter route for carriages from the railway station at Bont Newydd. It had a gentler gradient which was better in the snow and ice and avoided the steeper road from Dolgellau.
This route crossed a minor road and then entered Nannau via the Deer Park at South Lodge. There are four routes out from the bridge.
Originally there were stone lion parapets on the bridge.