Hywel Sele (Howel Sele) Lodge, like Coed-y-Moch Lodge, seems to have been built between 1794 and 1818 by Sir Robert Williames Vaughan, 2nd Bart. It forms the northern entrance to the deer park. It is semi-ruinous Tudor-Gothic style folly lodge, of coursed rubble construction with a slate roof. Attached to the lodge by means of a low wall, is a Tudor arch built at the same time.
It was awarded a grant of £31,800 circa 2010, towards the repair of the roof, chimneys, windows and doors.
It is currently available a very popular B&B (see video).