The House of Hugh Nanney Hên (c.1693 – c.1794)
“Old Nannau” (built c.1693) from a sketch by Moses Griffiths (1749-1819) drawn circa 1785. Image courtesy of The National Library of Wales.
Note the single chimney in the drawing, this was to avoid the hearth tax.
The house was rebuilt to a much smaller scale in 1693/1697 by Colonel Hugh Nanney. Part of this house is incorporated into the south-west corner (see below).